Monday, April 12, 2010

Wow! The ole grey mare she ain't what she used ta be! ( Does anyone remember that song)? Kinda explains how I'm feeling today, a little over 36 hrs after the read a thon. Granted, I was working on call as well, and no more than got settled into bed at midnight when a pronouncement needed to be done. Returned to my home and bed at 0300, alarm went off at 0530 for 0800 Volleyball tournament in Hollis NH. Of course, as always happens, just get settled in, and the phone starts ringing.
I truly meant to do more challenges. I read every spare moment I had, and truly loved that. Even won a prize, from one of the challenges I DID do. Nothing related to meritorious posting, just the luck of the draw as a participant in said challenge. Now, for the book of my dreams. Well, the book of my dreams would be written by ME, so that's not quite it. Sure would like a special one though, since I'm not purchasing it! Any suggestions folks?

As previously described, I've lots to choose from when it's time to read. A dear boy just sent me an Amazon gift card, so I've even got some "credit" on my Kindle. (Thanks Steve, you're the best!)
Purchased HOUSE RULES by Jodi Picoult, after reading the sample and being completely compelled to better know Jacob, the 18yr old boy with Aspbergers . How does she DO it? For any of you who have read Jodis other works, she writes everything as if she has lived the life. Incredible research? Maybe, but truly, you read this book and you just FEEL the ache of Jacobs brother as he fights with his feelings of inadequacy and invisibility, since the whole family, his mother especially, lives each and every day helping Jacob handle life. I won't go too far into details, but just know this... someone ends up dead. Jacob is brilliant and a very good forensic scientist, tho only as a hobby. His BROTHER is the last to see the dead girl, well, NOT dead. The cop investigating is getting the hots for the mother..I can hardly put the book down! What is YOUR favorite JP book? I've read most of them. "19 Minutes" was very good. "MY Sisters Keeper", of course, still tugs on my heart. Thanks for stopping by. Hope to hear all about what YOU'VE been reading, as well! Have a great evening... I'm hitting it to get totally caught up on the weekend. Back to my nose in a book (grin) tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. You sound very busy! Keep it up!

    Just in case that you are reading away the day for the readathon, I’m sending you a quote for your encouragement:

    There are two motives for reading a book;
    one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.

    ~ Bertrand Russell ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Comment, Julie. Gee, I'm just seeing this now, 2 months after you posted it. And I wonder why I don't have many followers?!! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete