Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-thon 2010




So, it begins! I've had several blogs in the past, but never one solely dedicated to my love of reading. Even as a young girl I remember SNEAKING books... either that my mom said I was too young to read, ("Helter Skelter" she was right!) or via a flashlight way past bedtime, under the covers as I scarfed down the words like a proverbial late night snack. Just discovered this read a thon. Dang! What a great idea! Wish there was one of these once a month, I'd love the "excuse" to just curl up on the new couch, quilt on lap, beverage at hand, and READ the day away. Such lacadaisical times are few and far between! Ok, so enough with the intro, let's get on with the READING!


Lover Abound by JR Ward

Turbulent Sea by Christine Feehan

Angel First Aid by Sue Strom, the Angel lady

Roastin in Hell's Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

Seduced by John Patrick

Breathe by Keri Wyatt Kent
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Loaded on my kindle right now I have several others including:
Angel Medicine
A Promise to Remember
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Change your Brain, Change your Body
Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War
The girl who played with fire
90 Minutes in Heaven
Angels in the ER
A Gift of Grace
The Twelve Sacred Traditions
Digital Fortress
One Night in Boston
Never Look Away
Wicked Lovely
The Dark Tide
The Real Enemy
~~~~~~~~~~
And lastly, I have The Writer and Writers Digest, magazines I've had for awhile and never read, though both hold articles that interest me greatly.

Of course, I don't expect to get thru all of these today. The goal is to read for 24 hrs straight. I am already behind the 8 ball, as it's just after 8am, the start time here in EST, so time to get moving! LOVING this!~ Stay tuned for updates!





No comments:

Post a Comment